Today, employers often do not get back to you after you have applied for a job. This video gives you some tips and reasons why.
Photo Credit: MS Clipart
Many people, not just second language learners, get nervous when they are asked to write a cover letter to a company when applying for a job. Fear no more! Here are five tips for writing a winning cover letter.
- Begin by making a direct statement.
- I am writing today to apply for the __________ position in your company.
- Next, tell why you want to work at this company.
- I am interested in this position because...
- Now, tell the employer what is good about you. Create bullet points - they are easier to read.
- This is an example of what I have done in the past.
- organized the new XYZ process for LMN Company
- created quicker way of tracking ABC
- attended the FGH Conference
- Then, remind them of why you would be the best choice.
- I would be an asset to your company because of my ______, ______, and ______ skills.
- Finally, say "Thank you" and make sure you state how you will proceed.
- I appreciate your consideration and will call next week to set up an interview. OR, Thank you for your consideration. I expect to hear from you soon.
For more information on writing Cover Letters, check out these websites: